Year in review
This year was a loaded one for sure. A few bits of beer related info:
- I went on 4 different beer focused trips to breweries that are based outside of IL
- They were to Founders (2x) & 3 Floyds (2) but a trip is a trip
- Founders events
- Once for the hell of it
- CBS release
- 3 Floyds events
- 15th anniversary party
- My 1st Dark Lord day
- I brewed at least 7x this year
- Held my first beer + food pairing event
- Converted a devoted wine person to beer (not completely but we are working on that)
- I posted to this blog 16x this calendar year
- I joined a homebrew club: Square Kegs ( http://www.facebook.com/squarekegs )
On a personal level, it was also a good year:
- I got engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 3.5+ yrs
- My Dad's cancer continues to be in remission
- My fiance and I traveled somewhere out of state (someplace other than our respective home states)
- A lot of photos were taken of the great times this year
- My fiance surprised me w/ a visit from my nuclear family for my birthday
After looking over the lists above, I realize I have a few things to improve upon in the new year. Namely, I need to brew more beer, write more, travel more, and take more photos. Those things aside, I would like to partake in a few more homebrew related projects, travel to more breweries (I'm looking at you Surly & Two Brothers), and I would like to increase the # of people I know in the beer community. Also, it would be nice to get out of the midwest for a trip.
All in all, it was a great year. I hope you all can say the same about yours.
Here is to a great 2011 and a better 2012!!